Everyone needs a fabulous Appetizer to take to parties.
This one is my favorite!
Cheesy Spinach Artichoke dip
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 shallot, finely chopped (opt)
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 (10-ounce) box frozen chopped spinach, thawed, drained and squeezed dry
- Sea Salt & Pepper to your taste
- 1 (8-ounce) jar artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1 (10-ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chilies (recommended: Rotel)
- 1 cup shredded 4 cheese blend (mexican variety is good)
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup of grated or shaved Parmesan cheese
- Tortilla chips and cut vegetables, for serving
Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Once it foams, add the shallot and garlic, and saute until softened, about 3 minutes.
Add the flour and cook while stirring until it becomes a light blonde color.
Slowly stir in the heavy cream, and the drained spinach, and simmer until it starts to thicken, about 5 minutes.
Stir in the artichoke hearts, tomatoes, Parmesan and half of the 4 cheese blend and stir just until the cheese is melted.
Put the dip in an oven safe serving dish and sprinkle the remaining cheese on the top. (I added a bit more)
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Heat the dip just until the cheese has melted fully and it’s nice and warm/hot – NOT BOILING!
Serve with warm tortilla chips