Some days . . . you know, I’m sure you have those some days!
Some days are just busy, and you know from the start that time won’t be your friend. What do you do? Pull out the Crock Pot, Slow Cooker or something close to it.
Chicken is a staple in my freezer, so often it’s the first thing that will pop into my head. I have a lot of favorite Chicken recipes, but this recipe is simply delicious and it does NOT get any easier.
It will take you 5 or 10 minutes to throw together and your done! You can follow the recipe as is, or also add a bottle of Peach preserves as I did. You can use your favorite bottle of barbecue sauce, but we love the Sweet Baby Ray’s. I use the original or the Honey Barbecue.
The first night we just had Barbecue Chicken breasts, Baked Potato, Green Beans and a nice Crisp Green Salad.
Tonight, I broke up the left-over Barbecue Chicken, and we are putting it on soft flour tortilla’s with sprouts, olives and avocado. I’m also making homemade potato chips. Oh yum.
So . . . when you’re having one of those days . . . or just because . . . this recipe is a winner!
- 5 to 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts thawed
- 1 (18 oz ) bottle of Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- ½ cup of brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- add in:
- ½ to 1 full (18 oz ) jar of Peach Preserves (optional)
- Mix all ingredients together (except the chicken)
- Put chicken in the crock pot and pour sauce mixture over the top.
- With a large spoon, stir all together, coating chicken well.
- Cook on low for 4 to 6 hours, or until chicken is fall apart tender.
Leave a Reply